Because I'm such a post miser, here's one from my brief dalliance at Wordpress.
Am I the only person who cannot remember how to spell "broccoli." Right in the middle of the word, I think to myself, "Now, is it two c's or two l's?" Every time!
Upon threat of disbarment from Karin S. -- which is to say, removed from her browser's bookmark bar -- I am frantically posting to beat her Saturday deadline. This one's a keeper, Karin! Don't demote me!
In the current issue of Cook's Illustrated magazine, there's a killer recipe for the most boring vegetable on the planet: yes, broccoli. All's you do is hack up a head of broccoli (stem, too), toss the pieces in 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, and some grindings of black pepper. Strew in a single layer on a pan that's been preheated in a 500-degree oven and roast for 9 to 11 minutes. Easy! No parboiling! No stinky post-steaming broccoli water!
Make it tonight. Make it every night.
YUMMY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Here's a great Sichuan broccoli recipe:
Fry 2 strips bacon cut in to small pieces. When soft, add garlic, fry for moment, then add 1 cup stock, salt & white pepper to taste, 1t soy sauce. Add one head broccoli cut into small florets, cover and simmer until the broccoli is done. Sprinkle corn starch diluted in water and simmer until slightly thickened.
That's it. My wife loves it and she hates broccoli.
I love roasted broccoli. I do it almost exactly as in that recipe, but I toss it with minced garlic too.
Yes! Minced garlic! Brilliant.
Todd -- thanks for the recipe. I will try. I love recipes that can be typed up in a short paragraph.
Post a Comment